Peter Loso was main settlers to reach to the St. Joseph area and founded the German pay out in August, 1854. He stated section 9-10 which the Community of Saint Joseph was platted. Many others soon used and the Township was structured in 1858 covering 81 square a long way. Actually called Clinton, St. Joseph obtained its current name in 1870. Many settlers came up for the land, with its fertile soils, and the opportunities America provided.
The settlers built many businesses and homes and finally the Town was incorporated in 1890. As the township grew, so have the needs of its citizens, and the concerns of the lawmakers. As part of their agenda in the 1890's, they made a decision to construct a jail, install a consumer well, build and repair solid wood sidewalks, and established liquor licenses at $500 each. Fires were also a problem and around 1885 the Hook and Ladder Co. No. 1 was prepared, which happens to be the St. Joseph Flames Dept.
By the first 1900's St. Joseph was thriving with around 600 residents. Farming was beginning to support the households after multiple many years of hardship because of the severe winters and the grasshopper plague of 1856. The milking machine became available in 1905 reducing the time to milk cows so additional time could be allocated to crops and pet care. Soon after, World Conflict 1 required many farmers to leave their homes to fight.
After the battle ended people were in a position to get their lives again on the right track, at least for a while, before the stock market crash in 1929. Also, at this time, prohibition was in effect so lots website of the farmers considered making moonshine, which slightly reduced the hardships of the marketplace crash. Together with the depression effecting everyone in town, the city needed to remain together as part of your. Through a federal grant, the Council was able to hire the unemployed to help clean and maintain the Village.
On December 7, 1941 the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor which officially joined the US into World War 2. Rationing tokens were given out since many items were an issue. In those days St. Joseph possessed a population of around 1050, dropping 10 heroic soldiers to the war. The community continued to be strong and extended to increase the Town, adding a drinking water tower in 1949, along with a new Village well. In 1959, St. Joseph commenced fluoridating its normal water supply, and remains to take action.